UPDATE: Herb Fairies Herbal Book Club is now CLOSED…
If you find this post useful, please take one second to like, share, or tweet it. Thanks!
© 2014 Shanna Lea
This is a free recipe from the Herb Fairies book series from LearningHerbs that shows how to make Violet Infusion and Syrup.
Click here to download the PDF file of the recipe card:
A violet infusion is used for sore throats, eczema and to relieve congested lymph glands.
Violet Infusion recipe (recipe by Rosalee de la Forêt )
1 oz dried violet leaves and flowers
1 quart water
- Place the violet leaves and flowers in a quart mason jar.
- Boil 1 quart of water and then pour over the leaves and flowers.
- Let steep 4-8 hours.
- Strain off the leaves and flowers and drink either warmed or cool. (Don’t boil again).
Violet Syrup recipe (recipe by Rosalee de la Forêt )
1 cup of violet infusion
1 cup honey (or to taste)
- Heat the infusion to warm (do not boil)
- Stir in the honey until dissolved.
- Store the syrup in the fridge. The more honey added, the longer it will keep.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. There are 13 more free recipes in the Free Herb Fairies Cookbook.
Check it out and the free videos that are featured this week here >>> Herb Fairies Cookbook