If you find this post useful, please take one second to like, share, or tweet it. Thanks!
© 2014 Shanna Lea
Do you want to improve your lifestyle, feel healthier, be more energetic and become a happier person? Then focus your attention on the good things in life! As you appreciate who you are and what you have, you’ll find the value of little things and enjoy your surroundings. Here’s how to be happier.
- Mark on the calendar all the days you had fun. List all the exciting things you did last month. Take some time to journal about them too, to relive the experiences and boost your mood.
- Make a music playlist with your favorite songs, albums and artists that uplift you. Keep them on your phone and listen to them on your way to work to boost your mood.
- Who are 3 people in your life who make you feel special? Call one of them today and tell them.
- Appreciate your luxuries. Think of other people who don’t have electricity, phone or Internet access.
- What do you like about your job? Make a list of what you like about it, learning new skills, or fun co-workers.
- Is there someone special in your life that makes you feel appreciated and accepted? A family member, loved one, or best friend? Spend a few moments thinking about them.
- Read a few books on happiness and optimism to get you started on a more positive mindset. Check out these books that have inspired others:
One of my favorite songs to remind me to appreciate what I have is What About Everything by Carbon Leaf. It’s a great song to listen to on road trips while driving down the open road.
The next time you are feeling down, focus on the lists you’ve made here. Focus more on the good in your life and all the good experiences you’ve had and will keep having. Making the choice on where you direct your thoughts and energy has a direct affect on emotional balance and mental happiness. And in turn, this affects the biological processes in your body that are associated with weight loss, stress relief and tonus.