If you find this post useful, please take one second to like, share, or tweet it. Thanks!
© 2015 Shanna Lea
When I first saw this mini greenhouse the first thing that came to mind was, “Wow! This would be so perfect for starting seeds!” Normally I use a germination tray with a heating pad which works well if I’m starting one tray of seeds at a time, but buying multiple heating pads gets spendy fast.
Once I looked closer I started thinking about other ways a mini greenhouse would be helpful. Obviously this isn’t going to keep your plants growing through the winter freezes, but those colder than usual nights and the months when it starts to get a bit chilly? Sure! It’s even a great place to keep flowers you buy but aren’t quite ready to plant in the ground.
It’s the convenience of a greenhouse without the monetary investment or commitment of building one.
Features of the Gardman 4 Tier Mini Greenhouse
- Four shelves so there’s plenty of room for multiple seed trays.
- Shelves are sturdy enough to hold whatever kinds plants you decide to put on them while also being able to let light shine through them to the other plants.
- The reinforced plastic cover is easily removed without extra hassle. You can help control the internal temperature by partially unzipping the cover if it’s getting too hot.
- The size is perfect for an indoor greenhouse as well if you have plants you’d prefer to have inside. Herbs come to mind – being able to pick them right from the kitchen.
- You can remove the shelves if you want to grow plants taller than twelve inches.
- Your plants won’t be protected in very cold weather since the plastic over is what protects it from the elements, though you could move it inside for the winter months and keep your plants growing.
- There is no plastic cover under the bottom so if you do take it inside you’ll want to lay down plastic sheeting to keep water from getting on the floor.
- It doesn’t come pre-assembled.
- There are no wheels on it so you’ll need to carry it if you’re moving it.
- Because of the light weight strong winds can be an issue. The easiest way to fix it is to use cinderblocks and put them around the base to hold it in place.
The price of this mini greenhouse is about the price of one and a half of the germination stations most gardeners use for their seeds and you can be starting way more seeds at once. Once your seeds are ready to plant, there are plenty of other ways to use this mini greenhouse. As long as you’re not looking for something to grow in through the winter it’ll do the job with no real issues.